Failure to connect

The controller has restarted from repeated errors and has loaded fail-safe settings. Proceed with caution - using this interface may persist fail-safe settings.

This is the error code displayed when I get into ElectroMage Discovery service. It’s stuck on a pattern that won’t leave the display. Frozen…

Once you’re in the controller interface, the discovery service is totally out of the picture. It just helps you know what IP address the controller is at to connect to it. Doesn’t really change the problem you’re having, but it can at least be useful to know what isn’t causing issues to help narrow down what is.

Was this Pixelblaze working in the past? If so, was it in client mode?

If you hold down the button on the Pixelblaze to put it back into WiFi setup mode, does anything change?

Update: I’ve always connected to my network and this PB is the one I’ve relied upon as a previous PB had to be exchanged (it had a problem that Mr Wizard pointed out wasn’t my fault). After unplugging, holding down the reset? button for at least 6 times, I finally got the Discovery working and I’m running my Playlist right now. After it runs for a few times I will shut all down then retry at a later time and hope all is well. I love PB but it doesn’t seem to love me back.

Now when I hold the button down to get into WiFi setup mode nothing happens. Discovery sees it but thats as far as it goes. Nada. Is there a way to RESET PB? Can I start over?

Is the discovery service actively seeing it, or has it just seen it in the past? The discovery page has a “last seen” line for each PB.

So in this screenshot, even though it lists 3 PBs, I would not be able to connect to any other than the one that says “active”.

Okay I managed to get on. Can I save these settings so PB can remember this board? What I mean is what I’ve done before is just quit the program and shut down my PC. Where is the save function?
Active? I don’t see the word anywhere.

The controller has restarted from repeated errors and has loaded fail-safe settings. Proceed with caution - using this interface may persist fail-safe settings.

I guess it’s a tosser. Fail-safe settings are permanent now. Bricked.

Closing this duplicate / split topic. Please post in this topic: