PixelBlaze (Pixel Lights) App available

Love it, works great and is exactly what I needed. It is faster and more reliable on my phone for doing quick changes when outside vs coding inside. Looking forward to future updates, especially the custom preview. Thanks again and great work.

3 Likes

Wow this is fantastic and exactly what I was looking for! My only feedback so far is that however your meta data is set up in the Apple App store makes you a little hard to find. Searching “pixel light” for example does not find you, you have to search exactly “pixel lights”. And if you’re looking for more traffic I’d add “pixel blaze” to your search terms as well, as that’s what PB users are naturally going to search for unless they know your app’s name already.

If you have a Patreon or some other way to accept donations, you should share it (in the app, or here if allowed). I’m sure I’m not the only one who be willing to chip in to support future development. Awesome work!

2 Likes

Thanks @ironhalo, I’m happy to hear you like it! Yes, I went through store and that’s something I overlooked. I’ll update that with the next version release.

I appreciate the offer, but we’ll just keep it free. Feedback is really appreciated and if you make any 1D patterns that look cool, I’d love to check them out.

1 Like

I just noticed that the current version of the app doesn’t recognize the Pixelblaze toggle switch UI elements in my patterns. Is this something you plan to add soon? Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi ironhalo, I’ve been doing the app updates as of recently. I was not aware that this was not in the app yet, I’ll add it in the next update! Thanks for the feedback.

@evanjsaun ,
See the 3.24 release for all the new controls: V3.24 Release - 2D/3D previews, more controls, backup + restore tool, low power options, and more!

Did the app get taken down? Pixel lights brings up some other propriety holiday lighting app in the google play store.

I think it’s only in some regions, doesn’t show up in the play store here in New Zealand either.

I just made some changes to add more countries. You should be able to find it by searching “Pixel Lights”. For the next update, I’m going to make it easier to find in the stores.

I’m curious to why no one have linked the google play page here like so:

This is it?

2 Likes

You bet, thanks @Pixelplanetarorcus!

1 Like

I heard there is a update coming soon. I came from another Permanent Led company and there app is user friendly to build and save sequences.

1. Can a off button be added instead of in the list!
  2. Will and Calendar schedule be added to pre plan holidays or events?
  3. Easy to create colors patterens without code. simple ones that can add effects. and able to name them.
    With this being said most of our market are older people buying these systems that we install for. Screen recorded intro would be helpful for the users.
    We are excited to be part of this as it is the easiest system to install and connect. Thanks for your hard work. Darryl

Hi @gafar65, right now the App is just in the Google and Apple stores.

Hi Darryl, I am working on the upcoming Pixel Lights update.

• Plans for an off button have only been discussed, but because it does not actually shut off power to the lights we do not want to cause confusion in that area.

• A calendar and pattern scheduler is in the works, but may not be present in the next update. However, it is at the top of the priority list for the following updates.

• Custom patterns that you can name are on the way, hopefully in the next update!

Thanks for the questions, Darryl. Hopefully, this helps!

2 Likes

Hey everyone, the Pixel Lights App has a fresh new update! It’s available on Apple & Android. Testflight for Apple and Beta tester for Android. Some new features to check out; Pattern builder, zone creation, individual controller selection…

Shout out to @zranger1’s big brain/multi-segment pattern and @wizard’s super awesome Pixelblaze controller!

2 Likes

App doesn’t show up in Google Play I live in Spain.

Hey @TechDoctor, I just added Spain. Let me know if it still doesn’t show up. Also if you have any questions about the App let me know and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can. This is the Beta, and we are tweaking things still. We just wanted people to check it out, so any and all feedback is really appreciated.

Downloading as we speak
Thank you

Hi @mnielsen Looks awesome! Can you please also add Switzerland for Android? Thank you

Hi @sint, I just added Switzerland!

1 Like