PixelBlaze (Pixel Lights) App available

Thank you. It installed perfectly, but unfortunately it just gives a message saying it timed out waiting for http://192.168.100.18:8100
Is there something I need to do to get it pointed at my lights?

Hi, sorry to hear it’s not working. Is this the beta version of the app? Or the old version?
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, once that’s done, check for updates to make sure the latest version is installed.
If that does not work, and you are still getting the issue let me know and I’ll update the app with a fix.

It is the beta version. I tried reinstalling and looking for updates, but the same thing happens.

Weird. I’ll take a look and update it shortly, and I’ll let you know when it’s done.

The update should be live. If it’s not there immediately just give it a minute. Lemme know if it still doesn’t work, the issue should hopefully be fixed. Thanks!

After updating, it seems to start up fine. It gets the settings from my lights, but seems to be unable to control them. Probably something I’m doing wrong. I’ll fiddle with it tomorrow.
Thanks for fixing it!

1 Like

Awesome! I’m glad that worked. Make sure that your controller is selected, and your zones have been set in the settings. Other than that, the Master Pattern has to be active on the controller, and the new interface has to be selected (which is in the settings tab).

Hopefully everything else works great! Lemme know if there is any other feedback or issues! Thanks for checking out the App!

I have a few questions and a bug to report.

Is it possible to control multiple pixelblazes and change their individual patterns from a single UI that are not on the same network(all controllers on AP mode without a separate router or internet connection)? I’d like to avoid switching AP mode wifi networks every time I want to control a different pixelblaze and I’d also like to avoid having additional hardware.

I’m working out how I am going to pass off controls for an art car I’m installing leds in that will have leds both on the exterior and inside the car’s lounge area etc, and ideally each controller would have the capability of switching patterns on individual controller individually and also have the option to have a single pattern override all controllers on the whole car. As far as I know that is probably not currently possible even with the new synch feature. Please let me know if there’s a way to do this, thanks!

Also the bug.
I currently have one and it controller seems to fall off from being detected from the app every so often. I have it connected over my home wifi and I have a strong consistent internet connection however sometimes the app shows no controllers found. Closing the app and reopening seems to fix this but then it still seems to happen intermittently after restarting the app. It sometimes resolves on it’s own without closing the app (after waiting for a short period of time, somewhere between 15 seconds and two minutes usually). It seems to happen most often if I lock my phone for a while and then open my phone with the app open. Also switching between settings and back to home sometimes fixes this but sliding down and refreshing won’t bring the controller back.

Thanks for the reply!

As far as controlling multiple PixelBlazes on different networks, that’s not in our current plan and is a little more complicated on the PixelBlaze side.

For the bug, networks and wifi are tricky, and depending on the device there are different connection issues. What device are you using the app on?

During testing, I have noticed that connection can sometimes be finicky on Apple and older Android devices.