The controllers worked great at Burningman

Could you then connect the router to the Ubiquity for long range LED control on the playa? Beamwidth would have to be a consideration.
I used a small usb style WiFi router with the Ubiquity antenna pointed at the antenna near Center Camp a couple of years ago to provide WiFi to our camp. I believe it was around 1.5 miles according to the stats. It worked extremely well.
It might be fun to have multiple camps spread out and be able to control leds for each camp. It would look cool from a drone shot at night to see the camps synch’d together.
On that note, would Lora be a better alternative to WiFi?

1 Like

Hey don! Sorry, just saw this thread. I think it was I you were speaking with, I was the one who had jury rigged a blaze to my mono wheel and camped next to you! Small world. :slight_smile:

I’ll see if I can dig up a video of the blaze running on the wheel!

I have a friend that’s putting together a LoRA based radio mesh network for the playa next year. The goal is to achieve 200kbps reliable throughput from the man to the trash fence. I’m going to have a few of the transmitters and am planning on trying to run fire storm over it. Also have a couple of wearable projects planned that I intend to synchronize.

I’m going to start a new thread on the wearable project. Hope you are well!!

1 Like

@dpnvektor Whoa, I wonder if we have mutual friends in SF doing this - I’m connected to a group (first names: Matt, Zack, Mike, Steven) doing this exact same thing (LoRA mesh) for playa nav, wizard staffs, friend finding, and wearable medallions… Same people?

Mike used LoRA in a prior year to do a very lo-fi (7 segment LED based) bike GPS system for friends, and with tweaking he got the range you’re talking about.

1 Like