3d models for PixelBlaze v3 and 8x8 APA102

Does anyone have 3d CAD models for PixelBlaze and the 8x8 APA102 RGB matrix?

I am planning on creating a laser cut case that will hold both, and would like to build it around the existing models if possible. The case design I am planning would be similar to this one by Unexpected Maker: Designing an LED Matrix case in Fusion 360 — Unexpected Maker
I plan to share the case design when finished.

If a 3d model doesn’t exist of the PixelBlaze, I may be able to create one based on the Eagle files in the GitHub repo. However, I don’t see the 8x8 APA102 RGB matrix Eagle files, is that something that is available?

Thanks!

Chris

1 Like

Hi @cbyrd01!

I got the Eagle files to open in Fusion, but it doesn’t give me great options for critical 3D component dimensions or exporting it as a typical part/component, so I just modeled it in Fusion with calipers. Should be within 1 mm for everything. Here’s Pixelblaze board hardware revision 3.6:

Fusion archive (.f3d), .step, and .iges

I’ll do the 8x8 matrix too in a sec.

5 Likes

OK, APA102 8X8 (I have hardware revision 1.1) now in the same folder:

Fusion archive (.f3d), .step, and .iges

4 Likes

Wow, thank you so much Jeff! I also tried the Eagle files in Fusion, and ran into the same lack of 3d models for some of the components. But I’m amazed how quickly you modeled it up with calipers! That is impressive. I’ll give those a try and report back here how it goes.

Thanks,

Chris