8x 9 Leds strips in parallel

Hello guys. I have no data response connecting 8x 9 leds strips in parallel. I know that parallel can be a problem but I did this before with good results. With a cheap controller I have no lights on with pixelblaze just a few leds go on with no effects. I have to change the configuration to serie? Thanks

Why would you connect them in parallel anyway? That’s a waste.

1 Like

First try disconnecting some of the strips. Does that help? Maybe there’s a short somewhere, or perhaps there are too many for a single output to drive.

1 Like

If I do it in serie can be worst? Each of 9led strips is about 70cm if I run them in serie each 9led will have a 80cm separation on the data.

I check with a voltmeter and is not a short in the wiring… Could the serie connection help? With almost 80cm of separation each 9 Leds?

Confidence is not that good sometimes and being a nanny and wires wont match. Result that I connect one ground to data in one strip making everything fail. I ending reconnecting everything in serie. I may reconnect the circuit to parallel.

While you can do it in parallel, you’re basicallly making it unable to do more than 9 leds lighting up. I don’t know your setup (photos?), but if you map it in PB into 8 strips of 9 each, you’ll be able to do far more things with it, than just a simple 9 leds can.

1 Like

I am making the strings and leaving everything ready to install “easy to install” in a Tanoura Egyptian. Is like a skirt. So, I think that in parallel will show “better” effects that in serie. It will be great leave it in parallel and create some crazy effects but I dont know how to make it.

1 Like

Ah nice, I just looked up the Tanoura.

So I have a suggestion:

Wire up more lights… Go down then come up again, then go over to the next one. If you don’t want more lights, I understand. But it’ll look all the better if you can do it in series, and map it. It’ll let you do 100 times more with it.

1 Like

I would do it like you say. Maybe a lot of more Leds. The mayor problem here is that I have to send the lights to another country and she have to install the lights. This is my biggest concern. If I had the skirt would be great.

1 Like