I am working on a new project with using a pixelblaze v3 and a strip of apa102 LEDs (200/m) and am having a weird issue that I cannot resolve. I have initialize the PB in client mode and have the pixel count set to 15 at 25% brightness for testing, apa102 selected as pixel type, powering the PB and strip from a single 18650 battery.
I can cycle through patterns and everything shows correctly except the last pixel (#15) appears to be at 100% brightness and displays as white. If I change the pixel count to 14, the last two pixels show as white, 100% and so on if I reduce the count. However if I increase the pixel count by 1, it MOVES the last white pixel to the end of the string instead of showing two pixels as white like it does if I reduce it.
I have tried changing the refresh rates and the RGB, RBG, etc and nothing changes that last pixel issue. I have tried two different LED strips and the issue occurs on both. Tried powering the PB off 5V USB and no change. I haven’t been able to find topics where people had this same problem so I am stumped. I am hoping this is something obvious that I am missing.