Brand new Lux Lavalier with version 3.24 Can't figure out how to upgrade

I just ordered a rad Lux Lavalier Pendant which is built on a PixelBlaze. I can get it to connect to my home wifi network and connect to the settings page, but I can’t get it to update to the latest version (Lux docs suggest there is a 3.30 or newer version…)

The Settings page shows nothing under the ‘Updates’ Section

I have power cycled the unit and confirmed it is connected to a wifi network with internet access…

Any ideas?

I’m also not shy about a more manual update process but would prefer to keep all the settings…

UPDATE: I suspected this is related to my eero wifi network using 5ghz so I disabled 5ghz and enabled 2.4ghz only… still no luck.

The check for update function should update the screen with info showing that there’s an update available. Then the update button should become enabled. If there’s a problem connecting it should say so.

Another way to tell, if your pixelblaze shows up on the discover service it is connected to the internet.

What may be happening is that by default the lux ships with Wi-Fi disabled on startup. I would turn that off until everything is updated.

However, if you can get to the settings screen while connected to your home Wi-Fi, then Wi-Fi is on, and connected to your router.

To add to what Wizard said, I think the firmware you’re on has a bug where it won’t show the update button if your home network gives out IP addresses that look like 192.168.4.X.

One quick workaround is to use the web inspector in your browser to find and remove the “display: none;” on that html element. Alternately, you can upload a recent .stfu file to http:///upload. You won’t lose your patterns and settings.

2 Likes

Thanks @jeff ! this worked:
“One quick workaround is to use the web inspector in your browser to find and remove the “display: none;” on that html element.”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.