Feature req: store named LED settings

The various values under the “LED Settings” heading (like brightness limit, LED type, # of pixels, and color order) are specific to the particular lights attached to the PB. I have a number of different LED strips that i switch between, each with their own unique parameters. It might be nice to to be able to save all of these values under a nameable “profile” to make it easier to swap around. This would be especially helpful for the RGB ordering, which i can never remember. Perhaps the mapping could be saved under such a profile model as well.

2 Likes

I would use backup and restore for this. You can backup an entire PixelBlaze including settings like wifi, led settings, patterns and maps etc. Then with your repo of backups, you can restore whichever one you want to a pixelblaze. It’s pretty quick to do the operation. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Thanks

Cool, ill give that a try. I assumed it was slow and complicated, but TBQH, i never even attempted it. One downside to that method is that if you want to add new patterns, youll have to add them to all of the backup instances.