Inconsistent Wifi AP Mode

Hello,

I use the PB (Standard+Sensor Board) on a wearable accessory, which means i need to access to it with a phone to select a specific pattern or modify some parameters (luminosity mostly) on the go.

For this i use it on AP Mode with an android smartphone.

Very, very often, i have the following problem:

• Phone connected to the PB in Wifi
  • trying to access the address through http://192.168.4.1 (i use a bookmark to avoid the https)
  • screen not loading (nothing loads), or the loading cube forever (when reconnecting)

This happens in particular if I connected once, put back my phone in my pocket and tried to re-access the UI later.
This problem persists if i close/restart my browser, turn off then on again my phone wifi, and even if I restart the PB (and wait for the phone to reconnect to the wifi).

I observed a reliable way to avoid this is to:

• manually disconnect from the PB wifi access point (keep wifi activated on the phone)
  • manually reconnect to the wifi access point of the PB

Which is kinda annoying when i’m on the go trying to change luminosity quickly.

I tried to use Pixel Lights (third party app) as well, and i have a similar problem: Pixelblaze works fine the first time, then if i come back to it after closing the app, switching to another app or turning off my screen, nothing is detected anymore and even a reboot of the PB does not solve the problem. It comes back randomly after several minutes, or if i do the wifi trick above.

Did i do something wrong ?

Hey, Hololit - that’s really interesting, thanks for the detailed reproduction steps. What version of the Pixelblaze firmware are you on?

Hello Jeff,

My firmware version is 3.30.

Note: when using in Client mode (PB connects to a wifi), i have zero problems. Works like a charm.

Shoot, we’ll, that’s the current firmware. Do you have an internet sharing / wifi mode on your phone where you could test it in the scenario where the phone is the AP?

I could do that, but that’s not super convenient.
It would mean my phone needs to be constantly in “AP mode” when I want to use the PB.

I’ll do some tests this weekend and I’ll let you know.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.