For background, I’m running 12v SK6812 across the front of a client’s home.
After roughly 10m of led strips, I’m getting unpredictable led flashing. I’ve run far longer displays than this, but something in my system is not working. What’s odd is that as I remove lengths of strip at the end that are mis behaving, the end of a formerly properly working strip begins to flutter. All connections are soldered at strips and where there are wire interconnects at the branches or breaks in the strips 20g stranded wire is used and connected with wire nuts. No wire run is longer than 2’ and up to the failure point, there is no more than 1.5M of wire in the system. I’ve attached a chicken scratch wiring diagram.
Is there a data signal booster that I need to add, or something specific to look for as I try to diagnose why things are going wonky? I’ve run far longer systems than this and had no problems, but I’ve never split the line before. Is that the problem?
I’ve tried swapping out the transformers with no change. Originally the only place where I was having problems was the furthest right strip, then I disconnected it and the last 12-15 pixels of the bottom middle strip started acting up (even though they were fine before).
Any suggestions?
Thanks in Advance
—Andy
