New PixelBlaze user only half of Led strip is lighting up

Hello Everyone

I recently purchase a PixelBlaze and I believe I have it wired up correctly ( but maybe not ) Anyway. I’m using a 5v Raspberry Pi power supply which plugs into the Micro USB port of the PixelBlaze. The led strip lights up and runs sequences, however only half of the ring of lights on the strip turn on. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there! Welcome to the forums!

The first thing I want to check, because it’s a common thing and a quick fix, is to ask if you’ve configured the right number of pixels in the Settings tab.

Also, I recently had a lightly used flexible strip that needed pressure applied at the point where the strip just died to make the right connection - the data or clock line was intermittently connected. If you’re using a brand new strip or a hard-backed PCB ring, this is probably less likely.

Hi Jeff
thank you so much for your prompt reply. I assure you that I used the suggestions in your message immediately. So it was the issue that I had the incorrect number of pixels chosen. Once I edited the number to reflect the correct number of pixels than all pixels lit with no issues.

Thanks again for the prompt reply and I apologize for not replying sooner.

1 Like