Only 1 pixel is lighting up and that's all

@wizard
Checked, and I’m feeding it from the correct side. Soldering is fine and the wires are stripped enough. The PS was one you recommend in a message we were sending back and forth on the tindie site. Obviously there could still be an issue with the PS itself but it does measure 5V when nothing is hooked up. Regardless, the one LED issue is separate.

Additionally, this is what the led looks like lit up, looks like multiple colors at once. Not sure if that is significant

It looks like you are swapping the blue and green wires. The blue wire is on the bottom near the strip, this will match up with the bottom signal on the strip, which is GND (this is almost always the case with 3 wire LEDs). Then the middle (green) wire should be data.

Otherwise, yeah solder joints look great, you have the input side of the strip, and those settings should work.

1 Like

@wizard
That fixed it, but this is what I was going off and it shows green as GND.

Hi @justinmd,
Yes, I can see that causing the confusion. Sorry about that! I didn’t even think about the colors in that wiring diagram, I think I create that before I started selling the 3 wire RGBWs. My bad!

Glad you are up and running.

1 Like