Pattern plays for a minute then shuts off

When i power up my setup, I see the pattern correctly for about a second and then it shuts off.

First thought was it was overpowered, but dropping the power down to almost zero and choosing a pattern with few pixels illuminated doesn’t help. Next thought was the settings had gotten messed up.

I am running the expansion board, with 6 strings coming off of it. Each string has 38 pixels.

The tricky/weird part is that I’m actually quadrupaling each string using JST splitters (so it’s (6 x 38)*4). When I tested this with just a few strings it worked, and before I adjusted the settings it illuminated all the pixels.

Updated the software ( Current version: v3.51) and tried to revert to the original settings, but can’t get back to what i had.

Thanks community for all your help!

It sounds like it might be the auto off feature. It takes a second to get the current time, and if you have it set up to turn off the LEDs at that time, they will go dark.

not totally sure how I fixed it, but after a couple days and many attempts, this morning it just started working when I plugged it in.
onwards.

Oh wow, I feel like an idiot. You literally meant the ‘auto off feature’ which is a setting which can be turned off! I got home, it didn’t work, started troubleshooting, and there we go. Thanks for making such a kickass product.

1 Like