Pixelblaze and Home Automation

I am Home Automation enthusiast. My main Home Automation controller is Hubitat Elevation plus Home assistant is used as a companion controller. Thanks to the @zranger1 I discovered a Pixelblaze and sure, zranger1 designed a very nice Device Driver which allows to control Pixelblazes (currently 14 Pixelblzw-based different lighting projects) from HE controller. Now I am thinking to update my front door controller and door status indicator. Since the updated door status indicator will be one more Pixelblaze I am thinking to use Pixelblaze not only for shining LEDs but also for controlling door actuator and check door open/close status. Controlling two relays is not a problem. Checking status (reading digital input) is also not a problem except this will require a periodic status polling.
My question is:
Is it possible to send a message to the HE as soon as input changes a status?
Something like HTTP Post should/could do the job or current Pixelblaze API is only one direction (i.e. Pixelblaze can accept commands but cannot send back anything proactively).

Right, currently there’s no active general purpose message PB could send from a pattern based on GPIO. The closest would be a change of active pattern, but that would mean using the button. You could probably rig something with an resistor, capacitor such that you could expose a button that couldn’t hold the button signal low long enough to cause a wifi reset. Or do similar logic in pattern code and call the sequencer API to change patterns.

Thank you very much for the quick and clear response. OK, I will leave current door sensor “as is” but PB will replace door actuator controller and of course, will be a very nice new status indicator (i.e. single PB will replace two devices).