Restore from backup pbb all settings of follower blaze?

An installation using 4 Pixelblazes, one in leader and 3 in follower mode has been running fine since April.

I received a message from the venue that one Pixelblaze is not showing the patterns with the other controllers. I made a backup of each Pixelblaze in a working state before leaving the installation.

If the venue technician restores the malfunctioning Pixelblaze from a backup, will it have all of the same follower and sync settings? Will it have the correct name so it automatically connects to the leader controller?

The venue is in Europe so I need to give remote instructions to the onsite tech.

Hey - just wanted to give you a quicker answer (even if not a satisfying one) since you probably want to get back to your client quickly and yet a large percentage of the people who know the answer off the top of their heads are currently supporting their own art at Burning Man.

Hopefully you have two spares with you (maybe not and that’s why you’re asking here) - you should test it so you can give them exact instructions for how to fix their install. I believe that the WiFi setup is not included in a PBB archive because then uploading it could change the connectivity. I can’t remember if the follower settings are. Sorry I can’t test for you (maybe someone else here can, but I knew I could bang out a quick encouragement to test it) - I’m also neck deep in supporting several projects right now and I can give ya 2 minutes but not 30)

1 Like

Thanks for the reply in a busy time.

The WiFI setup not being included makes sense. I have 2 spares that I can access on Monday to test. When I do then I will send instructions as well as report back definitively here.