Task #1 - Welcome Random Strangers!

This is great @Scruffynerf, if I find myself caught up. A board to work with will certainly help!

I, for one am keeping it simple here, one 50-pixel string. Then prepared to expand to a 16x16 array. That should be a good next step!

Maybe a decent teaser for this would be the variable names I chose for my “readable” version, which is my version that tries to not be clever.

export var hue, pixel, blinkDuration, offDuration, accumMs, twinkling, v

Clever is good! Made my best guess tho. and I’m sure the code has BR and R in it, right??!! :slight_smile:

So starting tomorrow, Task #1 responses should be posted to this thread:

If you begin these Tasks after we’ve moved on to newer ones, please feel free to participate, ask questions (about the task) and post your code on the above thread. This is meant to be an ongoing learning environment.

Task #2 will be posted at some point tonight or tomorrow. I’ve got a fun one coming.

So, I’m a bit bogged down here… awesome as it all is and will be.
Consequently even this task of selecting a bunch of pixels then lighting another bunch doesn’t seem so trivial at this point. So, if anyone has a moment, could you provide code for just this task,? real simple like? :smile: Thanks if you can!

I highly recommend looking at the patterns on patterns.electromage.com

Open them, read them. Some are really well commented, some not so much.

Having working examples, and there are many, is a good way to see code in action.

I’ll try and put together a “light a bunch of pixels” code in the morning.

1 Like