The controller has restarted from repeated errors and has loaded fail-safe settings. Proceed with caution - using this interface may persist fail-safe settings

Not sure where to start. I purchased a 2nd PB and some new strands and I have been trying to get it set up without much success. I can connect the board via wifi but after clicking through maybe a dozen of the preset patterns I get “The controller has restarted from repeated errors and has loaded fail-safe settings. Proceed with caution - using this interface may persist fail-safe settings.” and the whole thing locks up. It simply stops responding. I’ve tried restarting it, I tried the reset button on the PB board, I tried creating a new stand-alone network, rebooting my PC. clearing the cache on my PC - no love. I dicked with this for a couple of hours the past few days and tried again today. Once again I was able to re-establish a connection, try a few patterns, and then it froze. There doesn’t seem to be anything on the forum, What am I missing?
My goal is to have 2 controllers for different strand combos running in AP mode.

If the new PB plugged into the same power and LEDs as the first one does that (and the first doesn’t), it’s likely got a problem and needs to be replaced

Since I’m still pretty much a newbie it’s almost certainly something I’m doing or overlooking. Ill play with it a bit longer before I give up but that’s basically what’s going on. There’s a lot of variables at play here and I’m trying to work through the obvious. Once I got past my initial Doh! moments everything worked well and continues to work well with the first board.

These are often power related. However if there is a certain sequence of actions or pattern that causes this there could be a bug causing a crash.

Try it without LEDs powered by USB, clicking through presets should not crash it. If that works, then my guess is power related issues.

Thanks again for your kindness and patience. This is the reason why Pixelblaze will always be my first choice. I think I sorted it out…ish. It definitely has something to do with my PC, not PB, the board, or the strips. It’s not only the power but also some bump and grinds with my Chrome browser. Once I’m able to get a network setup and move it to a brick and run PB on android things run fine, at least for now. I purchased a tablet specifically for my light-related projects and it’s my hope that it will allow me to move on from “How the heck do you turn these things on” onto programing and light projects.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Unable to connect to PixelBlaze after discovery