Troubleshoot 12mm Diffused Thin Digital RGB LED Pixels (Strand of 25) - WS2801

Hi @alainpdx,
I’m happy to hear the news!
I’m curious which step(s) were tripping you up, if you don’t mind sharing.
Small videos under 16MB are supported directly for upload, as are youtube, etc links.

It was a combination of factors. The firmware update sorted out the problems I was having properly launching the app from my PC and phone. I’m still not sure why I eventually suceeded. I followed the steps you guys laid out, rinse and repeat literally 50x and on the 50th time it worked. Who knows why.
On the hardware side it turned out to be a couple of very simple things. Bascially my connections were bad and I was pumping the data in from the wrong end even though I could have sworn I was following the Adafuit explainer and diagrams. The reason the arduino helped was I didn’t have the proper connectors so I had to wire the connections one at a time. That made it really obvious when I had one in the wrong place. I also powered the strip with a pod instead of through usb. It’s a process LOL.
Again your help was invaluable. I felt listened to and that pushed me to persist rather than just saying effit and moving on.

2 Likes

Beautiful, thank you for sharing that, and I’m glad you stuck it out!

I love that you got it taken care of, but I also love that the clip of your art is “Ben Grace”. Given that @wizard’s IRL first name is Ben, aren’t we all living under Ben’s Grace? :upside_down_face:

1 Like