Version 3.47 or 3.48?

What’s going on here? What’s everyone else seeing for latest version?

V3.48 helps me flash and test the new unreleased pico plus with 6 axis sensor.

The versions in the burning man thread are the latest unreleased version.

The version check is simple, if it doesn’t match then it considered it an update.

1 Like

:exploding_head:

I’ll take 2 of those!

:shushing_face: its a secret!

12 Likes

Wow! 6-axis sensor, plus 8 I/O pins and serial bus? So much potential!!

Also … so much Osborne Effect! Better get that in the shop ASAP! :stuck_out_tongue:

Tell me we can put a microphone on this pleaaaaaase :star_struck:

I just noticed that the Pico w/ 6-axis sensor is available in the Electromage shop, and I’m ready to order a couple of them! But I couldn’t find any documentation about how to access the sensor from within the pattern code. Am I just not looking in the right place?

1 Like

you can access the accel + gyro with the magic export
export var sixAxis

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out! I didn’t realize it was there, had to find the option on the Pico product page. Just ordered 3!

@wizard you should be screaming from the rooftops about this!

1 Like

:rofl: Don’t worry, we’ll be screaming into your inbox soon enough.

Yes, right now you can access the data just like Sensor Board magic variables like this:

export var sixAxis

This is a 6 element array, units in deg/sec and Gs. It will also populate the accelerometer export with backward-compatible units, so it should also work out of the box with any existing Sensor Board accelerometer patterns.

2 Likes

I got mine, trying it out, here are the details:

1. across board, +ve when side with light is up
  2. along board, +ve when connection end is up
  3. normal to board, +ve when chip side is up
  4. as in 0, +ve on CCW rotation
  5. as in 1, +ve on CCW rotation
  6. as in 2, +ve on CCW rotation

This is gonna be great! :smiley:

3 Likes

Which (if any) of those new IO pads can be used for capacitive touch?
https://electromage.com/docs/GPIO#capabilities says the Pico T0 can be used for capacitive touch, but does not yet include the Pico+SixAxis specs.

https://www.tindie.com/products/jasoncoon/fibonacci64-micro-hdr-40mm-disc-with-64-rgb-leds/ says “But note that the touch pads are not supported by Pixelblaze.” … is that true of the Pico+ too?

On the Pico + pin 13 should also work for touch, in addition to pin 0.
Pin 33 would in theory, but there is a software issue that currently prevents it and it may work for touch at some point in the future.

The Fibonacci64 has 4 conductive holes that don’t route to anything when the Pico/Pico+ is installed. @JasonCoon uses those with the QT/Xiao form factor boards.

Theoretically speaking a QT form factor Pixelblaze is possible, if one were to exist those signals would likely be routed to touch capable pins and work with @JasonCoon’s boards. Of course I can neither confirm nor deny that I’m currently waiting on PCBs for such a design, that would be irresponsible.
osborne

4 Likes

I want to place the accelerometer right in the middle of the object, so I wasn’t planning to mount the Pico right on the F64. While I’m at it, I can run more wires to the touchpad connections.

The accelerometer is the little chip beside the button, right?

Ok so … accelerometer gets the first 3 values from sixAxis and is relayed to followers. (Uh, at least I presume so, because I just put the project away. Will check next time I have it out!)

I haven’t assembled my staff yet, and I want to work on the patterns by spinning a pico taped to a battery in my hand. It seems like on the followers, sixAxis does not get relayed. (which is why I just put it away) Please add sixAxis to the data relay options.

I suppose I could just look at the browser preview, but it’s so much cooler on real LEDs!

In the long run, I might want to control stage LEDs driven by full-size PixelBlazes, with sixAxis data from something spun by a performer. So I hope you can make that variable exist everywhere. :smiley:

On the other hand … if you have made any progress on multi-directional data relay maybe you should stick with that!

1 Like