Virtual Torch lighting project

@zranger1 @wizard

Thank you both for the very nice 2D fire patterns! Both implementations looks very good and brings WAF to highest level.

Here is my latest Virtual Torch project (this is a photo, for some reason I cannot upload a short video):

I converted otherwise next to useless decorative light fixture into a Virtual Torch .
The wiring and Mapping is just 3x60 (sort of) matrix, but all running fire pattern(s) looks very good.

Another very nice project is a Virtual Fireplace running on a 48x24 combined panel.
(Electronics and programming are 100% complete, I am waiting for the tap black glass delivery for finishing this very nice lighting project).

5 Likes

That looks great! Looking forward to seeing how the fireplace comes out!

Here is a picture of a virtual fireplace final design:

(Photo, still cannot upload a video.)

It looks very good. And I can change some pattern parameters from the HE which makes it even much better. Combine 48x24 Panel happens to be very flax. I mounted it flat on the white translucent plastic panel (it becomes a preliminary diffuser) and than this assembly mounted to the front tap black plastic with 15mm spacers. The final assembly looks very good.

The Torch Light looks so good and relaxing (please see the picture above) so my wife requested a second one (parts are on the way). It will be places symmetrically around opening between kitchen and living room.

Awesome! For video upload a small video, less than 16mb, and it will work. Or upload to any of the free video hosting sites like YouTube and link here.

Video I want to upload is less than 10mb but still fails to upload.

@Vitaliy, video upload might be sensitive to encoding. For example, I have noticed that I can’t upload things encoded with the NVidia HEVC codec here, regardless of size. Maybe try H.264 if you can.

As of today I don’t have any Video Editor/Converter but I will try to find one (hopefully free).

I like Handbrake for this!