With Pixel Blaze ppl think I am a wizard

I just want to thank Ben and show off my project. I’m in a sort of 11 piece punk/brass band and we needed lights for a lantern parade and other shows. I went with pixel blaze because of the flexibility and ease of the wifi control. I started writing my own software to work with a network of controllers but then Firestorm was released.

Each band member has a string of 50 lights, a power pack of 4 AA batteries wired in parallel to the lights and the controller. The string have a sleeve to diffuse the light and let everyone pin them to their outfit.

Firestorm is running on a raspberry pi in a gamegrrl case and triggered by an ESP8266.

Linked is a video of our last show. You can see some issues with the light strings being damaged and other mistakes programing but having everyone’s lights change at once was magical. I heard someone yelling about how all the lights changed at the same time. The camera didn’t pick it up but I took the waveform demo and made it a red/white candy cane look.

I love the pixel blaze and can’t wait to keep extending it on the server side to use OSC and DMX

5 Likes

This is just so cool. You folks look like you’re having way too much fun :slight_smile:

Well done!

1 Like